Isla Verde is set in one of the most quiet, safest, and well-preserved corners of Lake Atitlan, in Santa Cruz La Laguna. While lounging in our lakeside garden you will feel worlds away from the commotion of everyday life. There are no roads, no traffic, and no public dock near us… only lake breezes, birds singing, and occasional hikers passing by on the footpath. Our location affords you the classic lake vista of volcanoes looming over the water, plus direct access to one of the safest, most scenic walks around the lake.
Isla Verde offers the perfect mix of seclusion and accessibility. Stay here in our sanctuary and enjoy the activities offered at Isla Verde, or use it as a great jumping-off place to explore the lake. There is frequent boat service to the other lake communities, and the hotel is easily-reached from the main transportation hub of Panajachel.
Getting to Isla Verde
Lake Atitlan is about three hours away from the international airport in Guatemala City, and approximately two and a half hours from Antigua, Guatemala.
We are happy to arrange all transportation from Guatemala City or Antigua to our little paradise in Santa Cruz la Laguna. Should you prefer to arrange this transportation yourself, here is some useful information:
- Isla Verde is most-easily accessed from Panajachel, the main tourist town in Lake Atitlan with constant traffic of shuttle services connecting it with other main cities.
- Once in Panajachel you just need to get to the Tzanjuyú dock at the end of Calle del Embarcadero, where all the boats leave for San Pedro, San Marcos and Santa Cruz. Most shuttle services will drop you off there.
- Public boats leave for Santa Cruz every 20 minutes from 6am-7:30pm (10Q per person). Ask the driver to drop you at IslaVerde’s private dock so you save yourself a ten-minute walk from the main dock. They might charge you an extra 5Q for this drop off.
- If you prefer private boat transportation, please contact us to arrange it for you.
- Some shuttle and bus services also run to San Pedro and Santiago. From the main docks of these towns you can take a public boat us.
Remember you can only access Santa Cruz by boat!
If for some reason you need help getting to us, please do not hesitate to call us (5760-2648). If you do not have a phone, ask a nearby business to provide this service.